Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 1, 2012

A neat way to get educated quickly for the upcoming election

       So this year in particular has flown by (for me, at least). Halloween snuck up on me. I found myself waking up in the middle of the night Tuesday to run and find my costume box and rummage through it to find something to wear for Wednesday. So the next thing to worry about is Thanksgiving, of course!

       Nope. It's elections. I think it is paramount to vote. I am a young woman, and I know women fought too hard and for too long for me to just blow off my right to vote. There was just one problem, I had no clue who or what to vote for. I won't vote if I'm not educated, and I won't not vote. So, since this year has been moving so quickly for me, I have neglected to get educated. The election is next week, and last week I couldn't tell Mitt Romney from my local barber. I needed to study up on local and national politics, and fast! So, like any self respecting 20-something that wants to know something, I turned to my buddy, Google (he knows everything). I typed "who should I vote for?" into my search field. And up came the most awesome thing. It's called Project Vote Smart. I love it. Basically, it asks you what you think about abortion, marriage equality, budget, economy, and more. You answer the questions and it tells you how much each candidate agrees with your personal views and priorities. At any time you can click on a candidate and see how they have voted, and a summary of their public record. I love it. It helps me make an informed decision. But it is not just for the Presidential Election, it also does the same thing for the Congressional candidates.

       Just wanted to let everyone that, like me, haven't been able to keep up with all the banter and smear campaigns. This seems like a great way to make an unbiased decision, and not get confused by the hype and propaganda. You can check it out by clicking on the link above. Let me know in the comments what you think!

1 comment: