Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Product Review: Salon Grafix Conditioning Cleanser

I have oily hair. It drives me nuts. I also have dry ends, I assume because I use a straightener. I saw all those commercials for WEN, but I don't shop from home shopping networks or infomercials. Plus, it seems very expensive. But I noticed in my local Walgreen's a few brands that are fairly mainstream putting out similar products. The deal is, you use one product that is supposed to replace your shampoo, conditioner, deep conditioner, and detaingler. You supposedly never have to shampoo your hair again.

The one I decided on was called Salon Grafix Healthy Hair Nourishment: Conditioning Cleanser. I was skeptical at first, because putting anything that resembled a conditioner anywhere near my roots seemed like a perfect storm for dirty looking hair later on. I recently colored my hair red, also, and red has a tendency to fade quickly. Most of us have noticed an influx of products sans parabens and sulfates, so I guess I was jumping on that bandwagon as well.




Here is the description from the product's website:
Our lather-free Conditioning Cleanser is a true hair care miracle that cleanses your hair without stripping the natural oils it needs to stay healthy, shiny and full of body. It is a single step hair care regimen that will replace your shampoo, daily conditioner, deep conditioner, leave-in conditioner and detangler, all in one product.

I would say that it pretty much lived up to it's claim. I do shampoo once every 2 weeks, just to be sure that any residual dirt,oil, and product are definitely gone. But, that's mostly for my own peace of mind. After a good cut and a day or so of using this stuff, most of the dryness is gone, and my hair doesn't appear oily at the end of the day. I am definitely not going back to shampooing every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment