Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 17, 2011

OOOOOK!

Here goes... I have a friend that I always considered a BEST friend, but now she seems so busy and never has time for me. I guess she discovered a new group of friends and is busy with work and school, but today she isn't working and just had 1 test so she had a short day at school and now is headed to the lake. This all probably sounds trivial to you guys but there was a point when I would have been invited whether she was with friends or family. I wonder if it is because I have a baby now? I am still a 21 yr old! I still like fun, and music, and movies and all the same things I liked before, only now I have a baby, so I like even more things. Having a baby doesn't mean I just suddenly get lame. Now that I think about it, I don't think it is because I have a baby because she has other friends with children that she still does things with, so now I am really confused. Blah! She even blows me off for video games. VIDEO GAMES! There was a time when we were younger (I guess) that I was invited on Spring Break with her and her family, and we would hang out every day. I am realistic. I know with me at home with the baby and her working and going to school there isn't tome to see each other every day, and we probably wouldn't even want to, but at least once a month? is that really too much to ask for? We live in the same town, it's not like we have to figure out a gas situation or something, just finding time for one another. Everyone has 24 hours in a day, it is all just a matter of prioritizing. I was in a LDR with my boyfriend for the first 3 years, anytime anyone would tell me that they "just don't have time for a girlfriend/boyfriend," I would remind that you have as much time as me, if you find someone you want to spend time with, then you make time for them. It is really THAT simple.

So, onto my religious ramblings. I have been wanting to post this since I started blogging, but have been too afraid because I don't want to lose my followers. I have decided to stay true to myself and my beliefs and if you are offended by what I am about to write, please just respect me. If I lose any followers, I will inevitably  be sad. Anyway, I believe that being gay is a sin. The bible states it very clearly, and even goes as far as to compare it to sleeping with an animal. With that said, some of my favorite friends are gay. i do believe they are going to Hell, but I love the person, not all of their choices. Being gay doesn't make you any less of a human, you still have feelings, and a heartbeat, and a brain. But I believe that often times when you are living without Jesus in your life, you love according to what feels right, and not what is right according to scripture. The Devil puts thoughts into our minds and if we entertain them, then we sin. If we consciously try to live a life that is right to God, then we won't sin. Now, everyone sins, but we sin when we lend our ears to the Devil.
As i have previously posted, my boyfriend's family goes to a very strict church and when my friend is in town, they won't even let her in to use their bathroom. She is a HUMAN and deserves all the same dignities that you should give any other human. Anyway, I was having a conversation with my boyfriend's grandma the other day and she started in about my friend and said "I know that your friend is gay, but you know it is wrong, right?" I was floored! I said "Is her being gay any worse than me and your grandson living together and having a baby without being married?" All she could say was "What you guys did is more natural." A sin is a sin! I am no better than any sinner on this earth. Whether you lie, or cheat on your girlfriend, or sleep with someone of the same sex, or have a baby out of wedlock. My sin is no cleaner than any other sin. I hope I never judge someone else like I am better than them.
I really hope that you guys understand that what I am saying comes from my heart and I am not trying to be mean spirited. I love everyone, and hope that I never treat anyone any different than I think I should be treated.

2 comments:

  1. You prove a good point near the end of this post - no sin is greater than another sin, all are the same and even if we sinned only one time in our whole lifetime we would still be unwelcome in God's Holy place - because our God is a Holy God and will not tolerate anything else than that. Which is why I am so thankful for Jesus :) it is only His blood that will connect us with our Holy Father in Heaven! Praise Jesus!

    It is a bother to me, that gays have been such a target by us Christians all because of one bible verse about homosexuality - and why does it bother me? Because we Christians do not read the rest of that verse, because it does not only pinpoint homosexuality...it pinpoints liars, theives, and murderers. And everyone has committed at least one of these. That one verse should not just go down on homosexuality...it basically sums out all of us who have ever sinned.

    Whew, those are my two cents lol. Thank you for being so honest in this post, do not be afraid of speaking your faith. Although there is a chance that you may lose followers, there is a greater chance that you will be helping others towards Christ. Do not lose heart :) God will lift us up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. While flower, I would love to talk to you about this, I would think you may not want that on your blog. However, if you would like to talk please feel free to email me at Jamiessmiles@gmail.com. I do admire that you do not hold a double standard. Sin is sin in your book. I do not believe in sin...as I am an atheist, but do greatly respect those who can without being a total hypocrite. And never censor yourself. It's your blog. It is about you, and if people leave it is not even that you neccessarily offended them. And if they do, well hell, I have offended plenty, but at least I have done it by being me.

    ReplyDelete