Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Ugh!

So I can't get enough of this song called "Manifesto by City Harmonic", it is pretty much amazing. Also "This is the Stuff" by Francesca Battistelli and "Secrets" by OneRepublic. I am definitely a music person.
So there is all this stuff going on within my family. First, last night my boyfriend got fired last night, which other than wondering where money is going to come from, would have been OK, but now he won't talk to me about when the next time he will come see his daughter and me... which is, frankly, infuriating. All he was worried about was cleaning his house (which wouldn't be too bad of an idea if we didn't have so much to talk about).
Next, my aunt is having her name dragged through the mud, which she is dealing with exceptionally, but I stumbled upon a forum where it was basically nothing but people bashing her. I am sure they would not like a public forum made entirely about how much people don't like THEM. She is honestly one of the kindest, big-hearted, awesome people I know.
And lastly, my boyfriends mom keeps calling to tell me every reason that God wants me to go to their church. I don't agree with their church. I have my OWN church. First of all, they don't believe in their pastors being formally educated, like in theology school. They apparently believe that those kinds of schools tell their students what to believe and not that they can learn the scripture through praying. I know that I am no expert because I go to culinary school, but while i was in middle and high school I got the privilege to meet some of the students of the local seminary college and I know that they are not told what to believe, only how to present it, write sermons, historical factors that aren't so apparent in the Bible, etc.
Also, they believe that women should not wear pants because in Deuteronomy 22 it says that women should not wear garments that pertain to a man. But what I guess they are not taking into account in her church is translation. When I researched that scripture and the words lost in translation, I found out that that verse was actually saying that women are not supposed to wear armor, which is what the garments the verse was referring to meant. There is nothing wrong with education!!! i guess I will write later!

2 comments:

  1. Hey you, im your newest follower :) Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I can't tell you how much I enjoyed your blog. Your wedding pictures are beautiful. By the way, I live in a town called Clarksville, but it is in Indiana which isn't that far from you. Hope you get to go on your trip to Land Between the Lakes!

    ReplyDelete