Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Aprons... a way of life

So, I flipping LOVE aprons... they are awesome. But not just any aprons, they have to be vintage, or at least practical. I love when they are old, and handmade, and preferably used by some mom or wife that made many happy meals for her family or friends. I have probably over ten, and I use almost all of them regularly. One of them is a hostess apron, so I don't really host a lot of nice dinner parties...yet, but hopefully someday!

This is the apron that started the obsession. I bought it at a festival in a small town I used to live in. I love it because its pretty, has lace, and kind of embodies me, like, my personality.



This next one is one I use pretty often, it is reversible, so that's pretty practical. Also, I think it's super adorable! 


 side one
side two (my favorite)


OK, this one isn't exactly like the others, but blue is my favorite color, and in addition to polka dots, I love love LOVE checked patterns


My laundry day apron is usually the next one, I just don't think it's as pretty as the ones above, but it definitely isn't what I would call ugly.



Alright, this is the last one I'm going to cover today, it's my hostess apron. It's beautiful and made of chiffon, but not quite practical. I'd love to have an occasion to wear it, but I'm pretty worried about getting it dirty, since chiffon isn't easy to clean.




So there you have it! My aprons. I know this seems like a lame entry, but I just thought I'd showcase one of the things I collect, I don't think I'll stop anytime soon, and you probably don't think it's "cool" but I think it's pretty neat to try to keep old traditions alive. Do any of you collect anything interesting? Let me know! Leave a comment below.


Happy Spring Cleaning!!! Or cooking, whatevs...



1 comment:

  1. The aprons are so sweet and you have an eye for mixing the perfect fabrics.

    personalised aprons

    ReplyDelete