Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 22, 2012

What a beautiful place, I live in!

I live in a truly beautiful place. I live about 5 blocks from the Ohio river and am blessed to be within walking distance from my local farmers market, a few antique shops, one of which my grandma owns (which is where I get almost all of my aprons), and lots of neat shops and restaurants. We also have a very nice park on the river that I often take my daughter and any kiddos I'm watching that day to. It has an amazing sense of community, its just nifty.








I also live in an historic neighborhood. There are plenty of beautiful houses to look around at. One in particular is very popular to tour. It's called the Culbertson Mansion, and it is breathtaking. I'm going to try to get a couple friends to go tour it with me. But if nobody wants to, I guess I'll just go alone. There is so much beautiful stuff to look at, I doubt I could show everything, but here is one of my favorite places to walk through.


Now it's your turn. Tell me about the beautiful stuff surrounding you. I'm sure there's stuff that people forget to stop and notice. Have a wonderful day!

Peace!
Flower

5 comments:

  1. We are the city of waterfalls. As ugly as my city is, the waterfalls along the escarpment are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to see some pics of the waterfalls, if you could!

      Delete
    2. Will do a post with those pics, just for you. Mesh! Great to see you blogging again, darling.

      Delete
  2. You are so right about the community we live in. Here in New Albany Indiana we have tons of history and Historic homes to enjoy. Many of which are on a home tour once a year. I will let you know when the next one is scheduled. The Culbertson Mansion is open for tours year round and have special events during the year such as Haunted stories etc. They also have fundraisers, one I really like is when they have herbs/florals for sale. We are an upbeat growing community especially in the downtown area. It does my heart good to see and know that your generation has and shows appreciation for the community they live in. Thanks for mentioning the shop, I guess I better give you an apron at no cost, what do ya think. Grandma Loves Ya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would LOVE to go on one of those tours! Also, you don't have to give me an apron, but if you have a badge I can put on my blog for your shop, that would be AWESOME.

      p.s.- Ben loved his anniversary present, i sent him a link to your post about pyrography so it would explain it

      Delete