Total Pageviews

Friday, March 23, 2012

I think I may have just made the most delicious muffins in the world...

Holy cow!!! I May have just made the most spring-inspired muffins EVER. They are probably horrible for me, but I'm not sure if I care. They are amazing. I'm taking both of my grandmas some tomorrow. They're blueberry lemon, and they are magic.
Here is a picture of them just to get you salivating.


And if that didn't do the trick, here is one of the inside. It's kinda blurry, or are you shaking with anticipation?



Anyway, the recipe is easy, like, STUPID easy, as long as you know how to use a microwave, measure, stir, and use an oven you're all set. So you start with... WET THINGS! Melt a stick of butter and stir it into 1 cup of sugar. Grate in the zest of one lemon (or, if you're like me, and don't have a grater- don't ask me why, it seems essential now- then just carefully peel the lemon, leaving the pith... thick white stuff... on the lemon and chop up your peels with a good sharp knife), then stir in 2 eggs until fully incorporated. Next, stir in ½ cup of milk (any type is fine)

Now for the... DRY THINGS! Stir this stuff into your Wet Things: 1½ cups of flour, 1 teaspoon of baking soda, and a ½ teaspoon of salt

And onto the... OPERATIONS THINGS! Do you have paper liners for your muffin tin? Fantastic, cuts down on cleaning. No? Break out the cooking spray, and spray the pan. Fill the muffin cups about ¾ of the way full with batter—this will be enough for 12 muffins. You can also make the recipe as a loaf but I prefer the muffins.

Toss a few frozen blueberries into each muffin cup. I used about 5 for each one, but you can adjust to suit your interests.

Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes (50-60 minutes for a loaf)—the 22 minute mark is my stopping point for whatever that’s worth. Cool for five minutes and then poke holes on the top of the muffins/loaf. I use a fork, but the person that I got the recipe from used the end of a wooden spoon, whatever ya like.

And here's the BEST part... GLAZE THINGS! Use the juice of one lemon and 1/4 cup of sugar to make a syrup. I just popped it all in the microwave to get it all syrupy and warm. Now pour! Pour like you've never poured before. It doesn't look like much, but I assure you, it's more than enough for all of the muffins.

Now enjoy your magical muffiny creation, I know I will!

Peace and magic deliciousness!!!

Flower

4 comments:

  1. OK me needs some of those. P L E A S E

    ReplyDelete
  2. i still dont think it is easy enough for me. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. those look really good. must give this a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES I got some of those Magical Deliciousness Muffins--Tart&Sweet G O O D

    ReplyDelete