Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 29, 2012

I made something DELICIOUS...

Ok, I may have "borrowed" the recipe from a different blogger, who may or may not have borrowed the recipe from another blogger... But I think I may have found a recipe thats a keeper! I mean, one that I'll make for my family time and time again. It is ham and swiss sliders, and it's another stupid easy recipe.

Basically you just go buy a bag of hawaiian rolls, and slice it cross ways, so all the tops and bottoms stay intact. Then, you melt a stick of butter (I KNOW!!! Sounds great already!). While the butter is melting in a pan over medium heat- to buy you some time, and keep the butter from browning- dice up an onion. Saute the onion in the butter and add 3 T of dijon mustard, and 2 T worcesteshire sauce, and most people add poppy seeds, but I didn't have any, so I added parsley.

Now for the assembly! Line a 13 x 9 pan with foil, and put your bottom buns in it. Spread about 3/4 of your onion mixture over your bottom buns, again, they should be one solid piece, so it should be easy, like spreading sauce on a giant slice of bread. Now put about a half pound of sliced ham over the onion mixture. Here's a quick tip- if you chiffonade (slice onto ribbony strips) your ham, it fools your brain into thinking there's more there than there is. To do this, take several slices of your ham and roll them up like a newspaper- a tiny ham newspaper- and run your knife through it, like you're slicing a carrot. Once you've put your ham down, arrange about 8 slices of swiss cheese over top of the ham. Now pour your remaining onion mixture over top of the cheese, and replace the top buns. Cover it all with foil and bake in an oven at 350 for about 20 min. When you get ready to serve, just slice down the lines with a pizza cutter, or just use the edge of a spatula.

There are a few things about this recipe that I super love. The first is that I can make it ahead of time and refrigerate it until I want to use it, so it's great for nights when you have activities for the kiddos scheduled, or other commitments. Also, there is very little clean up, especially if you use paper plates. Your baking dish should be clean, because this isn't an extremely messy entre, so all you should really have to clean is the frying pan you sauted your onions in and maybe some plates and cups after the meal. The last thing I am wild about is the fact that the possibilities are endless! You could do the same thing with reuben ingredients, or regular cheese burgers, or even regular sandwich stuff. I've always thought that toasting a sandwich enough to melt the cheese always made it a little more special.

So here ya go! Enjoy a super fast and easy dinner, and spend more time doing what you REALLY wanna do... read my blog, and tell the world how amazing I am... well, maybe that's what I want to do...

Peace, and cheesy melty goodness!!

Flower

3 comments:

  1. That sounds yummy....I will try it...
    Time for a request...me and my bf love to eat very healthy any good meal ideas for the health conscience people? Love you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Megz- Next time I make my chicken, maybe tonight?, I'll take lots of pics and post how to make my favorite chicken meal, but I am going to take a recipe break for a min, and do some thought provoking stuff... But your request has been noted

      Delete
    2. Thanks. I think you should dolike a Betty home maker blog on the side. :)

      Delete