Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Engagement Dreams-- Crushed

My anniversary was last weekend. Awesome Guy and I made it a year. *pause for sounds of clapping an noise blowers* I am very glad.... but I would like to rant for just a second. First, I can't tell you the measures I went through praying, hoping, and wishing on wishbones (also eyelashes, and 11:11 wishes) I did that my man would finally get down on one knee and ask me to marry him. My close friends keep asking me what he's waiting on. All I can say is, it ain't for fear of rejection... thats for DANG sure! I can't think of a thing I've ever wanted more, my whole life. He has this horrible habit of trying to get me to infer that whatever holiday it is (Christmas, Valentine's Day...), is THE holiday that he is going to ask. For example, at Christmas, the "silver, round, shiny" thing I got was.... a Slinky. Now don't get me wrong, I really LOVE Slinkys. They really are lots of fun, and bring someone like me endless hours of enjoyment. However, he KNEW what he was insinuating. Valentine's day... my gift that was "made of silver, has diamonds, is jewelry, and can be worn around something," was my beautiful necklace. And this time, our anniversary, it was "shiny, jewelry, can be worn around something, and I have been waiting a long time for it".... This is what I got. . .



Again, don't misunderstand; I love pearls, and have never had real ones. They are gorgeous and are going to look great with almost anything, but that is not an engagement ring! I really wish he would stop leading me on with this stuff. I told a friend that if it weren't for the fact that it would feel like I was stealing something from him, I would just say, "Hey! I love you, and I know you love me. So here's the deal, we are getting married. Meet me here, on this date, at this time. I'll be right behind you, coming down the long aisle. You can't miss me, I'll be the one in the white dress... looking super gorgeous. Now, give me money, and have a great day." Sadly, it can't be that easy. He has to ask my dad, and then apparently my mom (his idea), an THEN me. Then I tell the world, haha.


Also, we didn't do what I wanted to do ( except go to church, the park for a few minutes, and start a game of RISK we didn't finish... because he just HAD to play his game... have I mentioned I can't STAND that game??) I wanted to go to the Carnegie Library because there was an awesome art show going on there... nope. I wanted to go get our couch, so I could feel like I have a living room... nope. I wanted to go to Applebee's for dinner... nope, we got pizza for lunch instead. That last one wouldn't be so bad, except he told me the plan was to go to Applebee's for dinner, and when he asked what I wanted for lunch (i said Arby's) he decided to get what HE wanted. Ugh... men, I doubt they'll ever get it. I guess my left hand will just keep looking like this:

6 comments:

  1. I would be honest. It seems like he is getting off on keeping you waiting, and that is not fair. Now I am with the most unromantic man on earth, but I am not romantic either... but when it matters I tell him. "Hey, C, time to do something special, plan it. Sure, no surprises, but better than unhappy ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, he is seriously one of the most romantic guys I know... I dunno, sometimes I just think he thinks about what HE wants and blows off what I want. He expects me to speak up when I don't like what he's doing, or whatever activity we are doing... but I thought he knew me better than that...

      Delete
    2. Youth,wishes,dreams,goals can be so impatient,can cause stress and Ultimatums!!
      Chill,relish in the love you feel for each other.
      You want to be married,he for reasons you may not grasp is not ready YET! Perhaps he thinks it wise to wait until you both have finished school,but mostly he is a man and they are kinda slow to make such a long term step. Remember all the things he does do for you to show his concern and love,be patient,you both have a lifetime ahead. If it is meant to be it will happen with all the joy you desire and both work hard to achieve. One year together is but a "wink of an eye", where have you heard that before!!
      Realize no matter how much you think you know someone or they you--no one is a mind reader,never assume what you think they are or should be thinking. Daily dealings of life interfere with our thoughts and actions.
      Rejoice in what you have and will have with patience and faith.
      Nothing wrong with a little rant once in awhile but turn it over and watch the blessings come!!
      Love Ya

      Delete
    3. Hush! Lol, I KNOW! I just have never wanted anything this bad in my whole darn life... I need to be patient, after all... isn't that a virtue or something? haha

      Delete
  2. Hey it's your cuz, so maybe it's a good thing that he hasn't "put a ring on it" yet to give you guys some more time to work out the kinks, get to know each other a little better. When you think about it in the long run, another year hardly compares to the rest of your lives, and you'll spend forever together anyways. Bc you're the good godly woman that I know you are, pray about it and listen to what God has to say, and if he's the good godly man that you're supposed to be with, he'll be praying about it too, and when the time is right, you'll both know. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the reminder, I have actually been praying about it for months... ugh, I am not good at waiting. I'll keep praying! Love you, too!!!

      Delete