Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 5, 2012

E is for... EASTER

So this Easter is going to be a little bit different than all of my past Easters.   Mostly because I won't be spending it with my mom's family. Also, I won't have my daughter until the afternoon. I think we are still doing an eg hunt with Awesome Guy's sister's kids, but other than that I think we are just staying home.

I have been trying to teach A the true meaning of Easter, but I think it is a little hard for her toddler brain to grasp. But either way, I read the story out of her children's Bible and tried to have a conversation with her about it... I walked away STILL feeling like it just wasn't clicking. Oh well, better luck next year, I guess.

One thing I never understood is what bunnies that lay eggs, jelly beans, and baby chickens has to do with Jesus walking out of that tomb. I know it all has something to do with Pagan holidays and stuff, and fertility.... but those things don't even seem like they go together... at all! I dunno...


Awesome Guy celebrates a little differently than I do. While I am celebrating the resurrection of Jesus ... he will be celebrating  Zombie Jesus Day, he's such a nerd.... buuuuut I love all of him, even the nerdy parts! Hoppy Easter, Yall!

Peace, and Jesus!

Flower

1 comment:

  1. Easter for me is about celebrating the perfection of ham & cheesey potatoes eaten together in one bite.

    I can appreciate you trying to teach your little bit though, keep at it, one day it'll all make sense to her.

    ReplyDelete