Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

G is for... Giving Up

I know the title is a little shocking, but hear me out. Sometimes, I think it is just as important to learn when to give up as it is to know when to keep fighting. In my own life, this is when I let go of trying to stick to my ever present agenda, and just let life happen. Awesome Guy asked me the other day if I would be ok with waiting maybe another 3 years before we get married. What could I say? It seemed I didn't have a choice. I could easily go find someone else who would marry me within my own imposed timeline, but it wouldn't be HIM... which is the most important part. This is the part of my life where I just have to give in and let this stuff happen when it does. A friend told me that it seemed unfair to me to have to wait that long when it is CLEARLY not what I want, but then I decided to turn it around and say that it wouldn't be fair for me to push him when it is CLEARLY not what he wants.

I am a control freak by nature. I just have a hard time relinquishing control when I want to be in charge of every little detail. It kills me to know that this isn't a time where I can just put everything into motion the way I want. But maybe, giving up at just the right time is another avenue of success. It's times like these that I just need to remind myself that God is in control, and I just need to relax. Maybe there's something in your life that you need to give up on in order to move forward? Let me know whatcha think!

Peace!

Flower

1 comment:

  1. I am dealing with this issue as well. We can't get married till his financial situation is dealt with b/c i'm not hitching my wagon to his until it's resolved. That said, it's almost insurmountable and so we may end up living together for the rest of our lives. Unless we do a Prenup, which he is all for. I do believe that timing is everything, so biding your time and waiting till it's right probably isn't a bad idea. These days the years go by so fast anyway, so before you know it, the 3 years will be up.

    Visiting from A-Z
    http://tahomabeadworks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete