Total Pageviews

Monday, April 2, 2012

A is for... "Aaaaand they're off!" also, avocados... This should be interesting...




Um, I know I'm a little late with this post. For the record, I don't have my laptop right now. I am actually typing this on a phone. Anyway, yesterday started the A to Z challenge. So I'm a little behind, it happens. I'm sure I'm not the only one, so it's all good.



 So now we get to the avocados. It is getting warm out so I'm all for putting guacamole on EVERYTHING! From burgers to grilled chicken, to salad. Also, if you're trying to cut calories, and like avocados, you could try this yummy new recipe for sandwich spread I found. Pretty much, you just mash up about 2 normal sized avocados with about a cup and a half of plain Greek yogurt. I think it's a great way to replace mayo in your diet, especially since avocados will be in season soon.

 Peace,
Flower

5 comments:

  1. thanks for the recommendation! i could use some healthy alternatives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! And, as far as the A to Z thing, you can catch up!! No one will be mad if you do two postings in a day!! And, as for posting with a phone--yay for you! I've never been able to do that!

    Enjoy the challenge!

    Paula (from The Tween & Me)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i LOVE avocados!! like you we are guacamole fans and eat it with everything. avocados in salads, sandwiches or by itself... never enough! LOL
    impressed you typed that on a phone!! :)
    stopping by from A to Z
    cheers,
    jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also really like avacados, I have never tried greek yogurt though. It seems like it's everywhere... maybe I should just bite the bullet and try it. What is your favorite brand?

    I almost missed my first post from A to Z as well... Great job though!
    *\o/*
    CW3
    readysetyoubet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome! Sorry it took me so long to reply, but my computer was getting worked on, what was supposed to take an hour turned into 4 days! Anyway, I like oikos greek yogurt, but yoplait makes a quart container that is pretty great for cooking, so you don't have to use a bunch of more expensive small containers. Greek yogurt is actually a great low cal option for sour cream, too!
      Happy blogging!

      Delete