Total Pageviews

Monday, April 9, 2012

F is for... Flowers, Followers, Fail- meals, and almost- Famous mommas

So I have a jam packed F post for you guys. First, let's talk about flowers. I love them, I love seeing them when I go walking, I love when Awesome Guy brings them home to me, I love when I see pictures of them... you get the point. I just think it's great that they just grow to be aesthetically pleasing. Just something God does for us, to maybe bring a little smile to our faces. So I've been waiting for this post so I could talk about this beautiful simple arrangement I put together last week.

I was taking the trash out the other day and noticed these pretty tulips growing on the fence line of this abandoned apartment. I took 4 and left the remaining 4 for others to enjoy. I figured since they're perennials, and they only bloom once a year, they will bloom next year and nobody would care so much. Awesome Guy thinks I stole them, I figured someone that used to live in that apartment planted them, so now they belonged to no one. As I was walking back to the house, I saw these blue flowers, I think they are weeds, but who cares? They were pretty, and I knew they would look great with the red tulips.


On to Followers. I am so thankful to all of you that follow my blog! This challenge has opened up my facebook page, and expanded my number of followers on here. It makes me so happy to feel like I'm writing something that other people actually want to read about!

As for Fail- meals... ugh... I made something that tasted delicious, but when I pulled it out of the oven, it looked like someone literally defecated in 2 of my pans. Only one was covered in cheese. Here's a picture:

What is this nastiness? It is supposed to be hash brown casserole. It actually tasted wonderful, but looked like nothing anyone wanted to put in their mouth. Let me know if you want the recipe, yours probably won't look like this, because you should use frozen hash brown potatoes.I, on the other hand, didn't have the frozen kind, I had regular potatoes, and a grater... so I grated them myself. But what happens when potatoes are oxygenated? They turn brown, and make your casserole look like poop.

My other Fail- meal actually turned out beautiful, but Awesome Guy reeeeeally didn't like it. He ate enough to be polite, but I know him better than anyone, and I KNOW he was just being nice. It was stuffed pork chops, but they were stuffed with peach stuffing. Again, if you want the recipe, let me know and I'll do a post on it. Since this is such a long one, though, I don't want to make it that much longer by putting the whole recipe, but here is how it turned out: 

Now about my almost- Famous momma. My mother is a glass artist and some of her art made it into a very well known gallery around here. There were actually two well known galleries, but now they are merging. The gallery is called Flame Run. She was one of the featured artists in their grand reopening. Here she is with her art.



I am so proud of how much she has accomplished in over just over ten years. If you happen to be interested in any of her art, let me know and I'll hook you guys up, sorry, my brother and I are her biggest promoters. anyway,

Peace and procrastination!

Flower





4 comments:

  1. I'm randomly visiting a to z challengers that catch my eye. I'm a FAT procrastinator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What if you had grated your taters & them immediately dumped them in a water/vinegar bath? That might have stopped the discoloration.

    Fruit & meat, yuck, with your bf on this one.

    That glass work is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, the pork chops with pecan stuffing sounds so delicious to me! ha.

    glad to meet you through the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you have always loved flowers, when you were about the age that Audrey is now you would pick flowers wherever you saw them except you only picked the flower head (no stem); I remember floating them in shallow bowls when you would stay overnight with me

    ReplyDelete